Monday, March 8, 2010

Welcome to my first post
















Hi everyone

First, please ignore the rather pretentious pseudonym. Efroix came from a name that I had to create while playing a video game back in the nineties and I guessed it remained :)

I created this blog because I was getting frustrated with my attempt to create a website using google's sites tool.

"How do I change the images on the template?!?"

After an hour of fiddling, the eFroix - Journey to artistic freedom was born *grin*

My name is Ephrem Sitiwin (a STRONG Jewish - Catholic name..) and I am 36 years old. I have had many jobs...Legal clerk, Biotechnology researcher, Travel writer, English and Science teacher, Communication consultant, Volunteer at a coral reef rehab centre, Biomedical engineering research assistant, Project Manager / coordinator, Bar tender, Singer, Data researcher / analyst and currently, Business and test analyst. Art, music, writing, figuring things out (science) and earth conservation are my true passions.

This blog aims to publicise my paintings and sculptures. Come along with me as I explore this facet of my life journey.




My Art

I love to experiment with mediums and I don't hesitate to mix them. I typically describe my art as abstract. However, I generally don't label them as I like to explore human shapes and landscapes as well. Since I was a child, I like to create pieces that allow me to discover characters within the painting viewed from alternate angles. This stems from my love for finding shapes in clouds as no shapes are pre-defined or destined. It is up to you to discover them for yourselves.

I am also into creating baskets out of newspapers. As a base material, rolled up newspaper is so durable. I have used some of my newspaper baskets for more than 7 years.

My art pieces are for sale (unless specified otherwise).



Medium - Acrylics / oils / water colour combined























(Not for sale)


(Not for sale)



Medium - Pencil / watercolour




(Not for sale)



Medium - Pastels




(Not for sale)



















Medium - Water colours







Medium - Newspaper, Recycled material



















4 comments:

  1. You finally did it ! Well done mate ! I love the format and the name of your blog. I wasn't aware about your newspaper work, that is great !
    Congrats and good luck !
    Tof and Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to teh interwebs! You've got some nice pieces on here.

    There are some new template options you might want to explore for look and feel (more here: http://bloggerindraft.blogspot.com/2010/03/blogger-template-designer.html). I'll happily help out if you'd like just let me know.

    Love the Incredible Hulk profile pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ephrem, nice to vist your blog.

    And this is the first time to see your fantastic arts. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,

      So sorry but only realised that you had sent me a really nice note way back in 2010. Updating my blog today and will add new images of my latest pieces. Thanks again.

      Delete