Thursday, March 18, 2010

Colours of Blighty



I shall put in a smiling photo in my next blog.....

I am currently in Leicester and staring at the park next to Leicester university.

I have always liked the moody colours of winter England. The autumn-winter darker hues probably inspire me more than the chirpier spring-summer days. As much as I enjoy spring, where the purple, white and red wild flowers begin to sprout from the ground, the darker winter colours remind me of resilience, survival and hope.

I have posted my latest offerings below. Hope you all enjoy them.



Medium - Pastel

I dedicate this painting to Anne Matthews, my former boss who is from Leicester. It is simplistic but I wanted to capture the core thoughts I had about the park, which were the trees, the nurturing grass, the unstructured sky and the ubiquitous football post :)









These next 2 paintings were produced in Sydney but I have not posted them yet.






No comments:

Post a Comment