Friday, July 25, 2014

Kid's stories are not kid's play

Apologies for the extended interval since my last update.

In my earnest attempt to generate more readership interest in my art blog, 'Search Engine Optimisation 101' (alas, this is not real) advises me to create content that is interesting and insightful at a more regular and consistent rate. I soon made an earnest promise to myself to update weekly. I kept it up for 3 weeks.

I realised very quickly that I didn't have enough weekly content to provide, at minimum, a funny post. I even started to brainstorm for artistic pursuits that I can pursue to generate plausible content ("Maybe I can find some gallery event and be a reviewer?") but my concurrent projects (and a strict self-imposed no entertainment budget) hindered this well-meant intention. Nevertheless, this is still a poor excuse of an 'excuse'.

Rest assured, it has been a very creative, busy and challenging interval. In this entry, I have decided to reveal more illustrations from the children's books that I have completed. In summary, writing children's books have been an interesting process. Interesting in the sense that it challenged the way I seek approval of my reviewers and peers. It also made me think of my own ego and the way people review creative products.

I shall not provide too much description to the illustrations. Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment