Thursday, December 5, 2013

Advent time is here...


A Sydney December...

Where has the year gone...? Suddenly, it is December and the year 2013 is almost finished. 

Sydney is very beautiful in the summer, especially if you are lucky enough to live close to the sea. We are blessed with good weather, particularly today. Everything just looks beautiful in the sun...




... even the wild flowers look so vibrant..





Poinsetti (Christmas flower) 

(Medium: Watercolour)

Inspired by recent effort, I wanted to continue painting in watercolour. To learn the subtlety of watercolour painting and the application of specific brush strokes, I had to stifle my bias (and ego) for acrylic and pastel and embrace watercolours. 

But I was quite happy with this effort. 

This painting is not big in size but for me, it is big in personality. I felt that I have come full circle in terms of my respect for this medium.

The actual image came from a tree in the back garden. It looks so beautiful in the sun...

Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment